Hey Good People!
Let me say December is here and it is that time for THE BEACH!. Ladies are buying all sorts of bikinis and getting ready to rock the beach. Unfortunately for some of us with insecurities and low self-esteems, tend to demote ourselves that we can’t look beautiful, gorgeous & sexy in a bikini and at the same time, rock the beach with our fuller figures. I’ve been there and I’ve beaten those insecurities and that’s why I am going to buy a bikini for THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. I am planning on visiting Sun City (Located in North West province in South Africa), so that’s where I will be rocking my first bikini.
The following, are the ways of over-coming your body insecurities, “I’ve used some and they helped me a lot.”
- Learn to love your body-You should love every inch of your body, look beyond the flaws and love every part of it. I know everyone owns a full-body mirror, now make it useful. Get naked and stand in front of it. Absorb every detail: scar, stretch marks, cellulite, wrinkle, roll and other imperfections because they are a combination of our beautiful bodies.
- Accept-No matter how hard it might be, you have to learn how to accept some truths about your bodies.
- Surround yourself with people who appreciate you-They accept you the way you are, so they will compliment you and say nice things about you. It will make you feel good and boost your confidence.
- Avoid negative comments-People who don’t find us attractive and beautiful will always be there and they will never stop throwing those comments. So what one has to do is just to avoid those comments, don’t take them to heart and keep telling yourself that you are beautiful. When negative comments and insults are thrown my way, I tend to look at that person in his/her eyes whilst telling myself that I am beautiful and better than that person, (laughs) well many tend to look away with embarrassment written on their face and find something else to do (laughs).
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone-If you want to, compare yourself to you. Dear, you are your fiercest competition.
I hope it helped a lot 🙂